Raw milk, also known as unpasteurized milk, is milk that has not been subjected to the process of pasteurization, which involves heating the milk to a high temperature to kill “harmful” bacteria. But it does not only kill the bacteria, it kills everything good in it as well including denaturing the nutrients, rendering it no longer healthy for consumption.
Raw milk has been a topic of controversy for many years, with some people advocating for its consumption, while others warn against the potential risks. In this blog post, we will discuss the benefits of raw milk and why some people prefer it over pasteurized milk.
1. Nutrient-rich: Raw milk contains a rich combination of nutrients that are beneficial to health. It contains a higher concentration of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes than pasteurized milk. Some of the nutrients found in raw milk include calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and vitamins A, D, and K2.
2. Improved digestion: Raw milk contains natural enzymes and probiotics that aid in the digestion and absorption of nutrients. These enzymes and probiotics are destroyed during the pasteurization process, which can make it more difficult for some people to digest pasteurized milk.
3. Reduced risk of allergies: Raw milk contains a higher concentration of immunoglobulins, which are antibodies that help to fight off bacteria and viruses. These immunoglobulins can help to reduce the risk of allergies and asthma in some people.
4. Stronger immune system: Raw milk contains a range of beneficial bacteria that can help to strengthen the immune system. These beneficial bacteria are destroyed during pasteurization, which can leave pasteurized milk less beneficial for the immune system.
5. Better taste: Many people prefer the taste of raw milk over pasteurized milk, as it has a creamier texture and a richer flavor.
It is important to ensure that raw milk comes from a reputable source before consuming it, not unlike anything else you put in or on your body. In conclusion, raw milk can be a nutrient-rich and beneficial addition to a healthy diet.
Raw Milk Experiment – Check out this experiment done with raw, pasturized organic and pasturized non-organic milk that was posted on the Weston A Price Foundation website – https://nourishingourchildren.org/2021/12/29/raw-milk-versus-pasteurized-milk-experiment/
Here is also a great podcast on raw milk – https://www.westonaprice.org/zh-hans/podcast/raw-milk-revealed/#gsc.tab=0
*Note – raw milk isn’t illegal to consume, it is illegal to buy or sell in some states. For more info – https://wisevoter.com/state-rankings/states-where-raw-milk-is-legal/